Tuesday, December 16, 2008

update for Autism Twitter Day

Things are flying fast and furiously (figure of speech) on Autism Twitter Day.

For those people asking for more information- I have triplets, born in 1995- two girls, one boy. They are AWESOME kids. They were all diagnosed at 20 months of age after I noticed speech delays, and we were lucky enough to start with integrated daycare, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and integrated day care right away.

My son moved into a group home almost 5 years ago due to extreme self-injury and aggression. I was a single mom, and I couldn't keep him safe, or his sisters safe from him. He is in a fantastic home, we see him regularly, and he is still very much a part of our lives. Right now I have one child (D) in a group home who goes to a self-contained K-8 school, one child (R) who is in a self-contained classroom, and one child (K), who is in a "normal" classroom with no assistance.

The latest article on the kids talks about an awesome sensory playground that we go to every week.

I'm so glad that so many people are interested in us, as I have wonderful kids. They are a constant inspiration to me (and yes, we are going through puberty, so let's just say that every minute of every day is NOT inspirational).

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: