Saturday, March 29, 2008

First they take pictures, now they're painting pictures...what can't elephants do?

YouTube - Elephant Paints Self Portrait



Some interesting articles on elephants and self-awareness here and here

And in case you missed the elephants taking pictures post...it's here.

As an aside, but worth reading...One of the most interesting (and devastating) articles that I've ever read about elephants. It's a very long read, but it's stayed in my mind for over 2 years now.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Wow!! Thanks for the links!

Jen said...

The last article (from the NY times) affected me more than I can say. I'm generally fairly optimistic (against all odds lol), but when elephants are raping rhinos you know that we've done something fairly serious to the natural order of things.

I found the information in that article very interesting though- I find it fascinating on many levels to see how "different" types of intelligence work.